The Community Foundation is currently seeking candidates for a Communications Associate position. Please review details below.
Philanthropic Services Associate
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Philanthropic Services
Position Description: The Philanthropic Services Associate is responsible for maintaining and stewarding long-term relationships with the Community Foundation’s donors. In addition, the Philanthropic Services Associate will support the Foundation’s outreach to current donors by organizing and assisting with the communications strategy to cultivate the Foundation’s self-directed and bequest fund donors, assisting with events for the Philanthropic Services Team and assisting with prospect management and reporting on donor prospects. This is a non-exempt position.
1. Donor Stewardship
- Maintains and enhances relationships with assigned existing fund donors, with a goal of at least one annual contact per donor/fund.
- Identifies donors with an interest in engaging more with the Foundation’s community grants program and other philanthropic initiatives such as the giving circles.
- Ensures the Foundation’s self-directed donors are contacted and provided superior service.
2. Bequest Donors
- Maintain regular contact with the Foundation’s bequest fund donors (without other fund affiliations).
- Cultivate and engage bequest fund donors in the current work of the Foundation.
- Maintains accurate records of known bequests including Promises listed in the database (FIMS), and documentation in the electronic and hardcopy files.
3. Agency Endowments
- Serves as main contact for Agency Endowment donors and prospects.
- Work with the Philanthropic Services Officer on outreach and presentations to agency endowment donors and their Boards.
- Assure that Agency Endowment donors are notified of annual spendable, investment returns, etc.
- Work with the Donor Services Officer on fund administration.
- Assist with workshops and networking opportunities offered to Agency Endowment donors and prospects.
4. Prospective Donors
- Ensure proper coding is applied to all Fund donor prospects.
- Assist PS Staff in developing and maintaining fund letter templates.
- Assist PS Staff with drafting and reviewing fund letters.
5. Cultivation Event Management
- Assist with donor and prospective donor events with support from the administration team. These events include: educational breakfasts for prospective donors, cultivation events for professional advisors and donors, annual agency endowment events, and donor orientation meetings. Includes assisting with presentation development.
6. Database Management
- Assist with tracking and reporting related to prospective and current donors, including coding and needed reports for meetings and mailings.
7. Other Duties
- Participate on a cross-functional staff team for the Foundation’s annual Fiduciary Review process.
- Networks regionally and nationally as appropriate so that the Foundation is informed of best practices and shares its own expertise with its peer organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent experience required.
- A minimum of three years related work experience with a nonprofit agency preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills; the ability to comfortably initiate conversations. Ability to interact with diverse groups of people including donors, professional advisors, board members and Foundation staff.
- The ability to meet deadlines; work independently; handle multiple tasks; and the flexibility to respond to unexpected duties with short time horizons.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and attention to detail.
- The ability to work collaboratively with other teams.
- Attention to detail and willingness to handle administrative work, consistent with a streamlined staff where few are focused purely on administration.
- Analytical skills and strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office and database management are required.
- The position must embrace the Community Foundation’s charitable mission, sharing the staff’s and board’s passion to enhance the quality of community life through our work; represent the Foundation in a professional manner; to work collegially and be supportive of all aspects of the Foundation’s work.
The Community Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements by 5:00 pm Friday, October 26th to email@example.com or send to:
c/o Human Resources
7501 Boulders View Drive
Richmond, VA 23225
No phone calls or agencies, please.