The Community Foundation and NextUp are currently seeking candidates for the following position(s):
Seasonal Project Support Assistant
Reports to: Corporate Program Manager
Position Description: The Community Foundation’s Seasonal Project Support Assistant will support HandsOn Greater Richmond’s community and volunteer events. Support staff will assist with project planning, management, clean-up, and closeout of community volunteer events. This is a paid, part-time position, with the expectation that seasonal staff will work 1-2 projects per month during our season of service, April – November.
HandsOn Greater Richmond is a service of the Community Foundation that connects individuals, families, teams and corporate groups to community agencies through civic engagement opportunities in the region. Our mission is to support an inspired network of passionate people and powerful causes to make meaningful change in the community. We do this in part by developing and managing community and employee volunteer projects. These done-in-a-day projects actively engage volunteers and can range from 20 to 200 volunteers. The Seasonal Project Support Assistant will have a key role in planning volunteer projects including project development, overseeing volunteers and event logistics.
- Manage volunteers and projects: including, but not limited to loading, unloading, set-up, orientation, leading volunteer tasks, tracking progress, clean-up, and debriefing.
- Organize and facilitate volunteer tasks: including, but not limited to kit assembly, painting, crafts, light construction, landscaping, group facilitation, and group interactions.
- Monitor project progress; reallocate volunteers as needed.
- Serve as the onsite point of contact between organizational staff, outside facilitators, volunteers, and program manager.
- Run errands as needed.
- Plan volunteer events as needed.
- Ensure every volunteer has a positive experience and that the needs of the organization(s) being served are met.
- Must be able to lift and handle 20-50 lbs.
- Must have previous event planning, event management and/or experience leading volunteers.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from project sites throughout the region.
- Commitment to volunteer engagement.
- Attention to detail, strong project management, and organizational skills required.
- Able to communicate effectively and possess strong interpersonal skills
For consideration, resume and cover letter with salary requirements must be received by 5 p.m. on Friday, January 24. Please forward documents by email to Danée Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
HandsOn Greater Richmond
Attn: Danée Hudson
3409 Moore Street
Richmond, VA 23230
No phone calls or agencies, please.
Communications Associate, NextUp
Reports to: President & CEO
Position Description: The Communications Associate will be responsible for curating content for NextUp's blog and publications. This position will work with functional teams to ensure brand consistency across the organization. This is an Hourly, Non-Exempt position.
- Serve as the writer and project coordinator for the blog, website, social media annual impact report and e-newsletter
- Monitor analytics for websites and user portals
- Coordinate with functional teams to create collateral materials, presentations, and messaging specific to key audiences
- Create and manage editorial calendar
- Conduct field interviews and attend community events to source content
- Monitor local, national and youth development-specific news and social media activity to ensure relevancy to current events
- Assist with the planning and production of publications and other special projects
- Serve as a brand ambassador to ensure consistent application of NextUp’s brand and messaging platform across the organization
- Research and promote data visualization techniques and multi-media formats to build audience interest over various mediums
- Assist in the preparation and follow-up of special events
- Manage vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office required; Working knowledge of video editing software and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment where time-sensitive communications opportunities may factor into changing work plan priorities
- 1-5 years of copywriting or journalism experience preferred
- Proficiency working with online content management systems
- Aptitude for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Knowledge of Richmond nonprofit community and local issues preferred
Interested? For consideration, please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com
by 5 p.m. on January 31. No phone calls or agencies, please.