The Community Foundation is currently seeking candidates for a Finance Associate. Please review details below.
Reports to: Controller
Position Description: The Finance Associate position is a full-time, non-exempt position which supports various functions of the Finance team.
- Lead staff for the accounts payable function, which includes data entry for accounts payable and check processing for operating, grants, and related entities. Preparation of the annual Form 1099s for the Community Foundation (“CF”) and related entities. Maintain grant distribution schedules and collaborate with the Philanthropic Services and Community Engagement teams regarding multi-year grant commitments and due diligence follow-up before grant checks are printed.
Prepare deposit transmittals for gifts and other checks received.
Prepare general ledger journal entries and monthly reconciliation of various general ledger accounts for CF, supporting organizations and related entities. Prepare charitable trust reconciliations, as well as prepare trust performance and asset allocation reporting.
Maintain fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
Assist with audit preparation for CF, support organizations and related entities.
- Assist with annual tax filings and SCC registration for CF and related entities.
- Provide support to other internal teams for special initiatives such as Impact 100, Ujima and Sisterfund giving circles.
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or related work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate several activities at one time.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office and database management.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and networking skills.
- Understanding of network administration and integration.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently toward the Foundation’s goals.
The Community Foundation offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements by Friday, November 19, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:
c/o Human Resources
7501 Boulders View Drive
Richmond, VA 23225
No phone calls or agencies, please.