The Community Foundation is currently seeking candidates for the following position(s):
Customer Support Officer
Reports to: Director of Data and Customer Support
Position Description: Within the Operations division, the Shared Services Team focuses on the day-to-day execution of the Foundation’s processes for gift processing, grantmaking, and technical assistance. The Customer Support Officer position will primarily offer technical assistance for all online platforms to the Foundation’s community partners, donors, and volunteers. This position will also work closely with administrative and technology staff to ensure data integrity and timely problem solving, analyze data trends, and generate reports that will help guide decision making. This is an exempt, full-time position.
- Serves as primary customer service contact (internally and externally) for any inquiries related to the Foundation’s online platforms. Fields all related inquiries.
- Manages, maintains and updates all aspects of the Foundation’s online portals for communicating and interfacing with fund donors, nonprofits, volunteers, board members, and other community partners. Liaison with the online portal vendors.
- Maintains the integrity and consistency of all data in the Foundation databases by orchestrating regular review of data points, in coordination with other technology and administrative staff.
- Designs and updates data reports for all departments.
- Reviews and approves grant and gift edits generated by the Process and Data Specialist.
- Lead staff for the grants management system, including the production of applications, grant reporting forms, grant agreements, and records associated with grantees.
- Provides cross-functional learning support for staff through technical assistance and training to improve the Foundation’s effective use of technology platforms.
- Works closely with both the Director of Data and Customer Support and the Director of Technology on cross-functional projects.
- Initiates access to portals for new donors and nonprofits.
- Serves as a backup for all processes managed by the Shared Services team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a related field, such as customer service or the nonprofit sector. Experience providing customer service for an online platform is preferred.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Able to interact appropriately with nonprofit staff, board members, volunteers, and donors from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work independently toward Foundation’s goals.
- Solid computer literacy in Microsoft Office and database management.
- Ability to function effectively both within the Operations team, and across all other departments, ensuring the effective and efficient operations of the Foundation.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Interested? This position is eligible for a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 23, 2019 at 5 p.m., or send by mail to:
c/o Human Resources
3409 Moore Street
Richmond, VA 23230
No phone calls or agencies, please.