Twitter Facebook Instagram Vimeo  


Donor Recognition

We are grateful to all donors who have partnered with us to address community need and create lasting change. The following giving societies recognize the extraordinary impact our generous donors make.

RVA Visionary Society

RVA Visionary Society was established in celebration of the Community Foundation's 50th anniversary in 2018. It recognizes donors who each made generous gifts of $25,000 to meet the unforeseen needs of our community 50 and 100 years out. Just as Benjamin Franklin bequeathed to the cities of Boston and Philadelphia, combined gifts will be invested and untouched to build philanthropic capital that will allow the Foundation to take on large-scale projects in the future. After 50 years, 80% of accumulated funds will be available for us, while the remaining 20% will be reinvested for another 50 years. Click here to see a full list of RVA Visionary Society members.

Legacy Society

The Legacy Society recognizes donors who have included the Community Foundation in their estate plans, allowing them to minimize tax liability while creating a philanthropic legacy for the community. Click here to see a list of Legacy Society members.

Society of Founders

The Society of Founders recognizes benefactors who have endowed funds for unrestricted purposes or for purposes in a specific field of interest. Each donor has contributed a minimum of $25,000. Income from these gifts helps build a permanent resource to respond to Central Virginia's needs as they change over time. Click here to see a list of the Society of Founders. Click here to see a list of Society of Founders members.