Photo: Mike Platania / Richmond BizSense
As we look back on 2018 – our 50th year serving the Richmond region – we are so humbled by the dedication and generosity of our partners, and the many milestones we have achieved together. Here is a quick list of this year’s most notable moments, reflecting both the tremendous good in our community and the promise of further progress and collaboration.
- Surpassed $1 billion in grants awarded since our founding in 1968
- $63M* in grants for 2018 among all funds, affiliates and supporting organizations (*preliminary)
- $6M to expand affordable housing, including a $1M grant to Maggie Walker Community Land Trust and a $5M pending commitment to Better Housing Coalition
- $1.5M for quality after-school programming as part of collaborative effort with the City of Richmond, Robins Foundation and Altria to increase the number of slots available for RPS elementary and middle school students
- 1,200+ charitable funds established by individuals, families and organizations who share our desire to create a stronger region, including those served by our regional affiliates
- 13,300 volunteers mobilized with the assistance of HandsOn Greater Richmond
- Doubled interactions with professional advisors from previous year, further strengthening relationships with the people whom donors trust most with their financial planning decisions
- Expanded investment options introduced to provide greater choice and flexibility for donors, meeting their broad range of philanthropic goals and time horizons
- 50th Anniversary Celebration brought together nearly 400 to celebrate the collective impact of philanthropy in our region and the future we are building together
- A new home in Scott’s Addition means that we are now closer to many of our nonprofit partners and in the center of innovation and transformation happening in the City and across the region
Together, we do more good. This is our promise to you. All that we do to make the Richmond region a better place is made possible by the hundreds of people and organizations with whom we have the privilege to work. Thank you for your dedication and partnership.
With this year of strategic positioning, we’ve set the stage to have even greater impact next year — and for the next 50 years. We have big plans for what next year will bring. Check back later this month for a preview of what’s to come!