About the Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund
During these hard times, our greatest responsibility as a community is to help each other - especially those who are most vulnerable. In partnership with the Emergency Management Alliance of Central Virginia and PlanRVA, we have activated the Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund as a way to support continued operations and programming for our region's nonprofit organizations.
Thank you to the individuals and partners who have raised $3 million to date:
Altria | Atlantic Union Bank | Bank of America | The Cabell Foundation | Capital One | CarMax Foundation | Dominion Energy | Genworth | Jenkins Foundation | Markel | Mary Morton Parsons Foundation | Richmond Memorial Health Foundation | Robins Foundation | United Way of Greater Richmond & Petersburg | VCU Health System | Wells Fargo
Purpose of the Fund
The Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund will be administered as a public-private partnership between philanthropy, government and the nonprofit sector to address the most immediate urgent needs, as well as the longer term effects of the pandemic and community recovery. Grants will be awarded to nonprofit organizations only, not individuals.
We will remain responsive to needs as they emerge, but the fund will initial support:
- Proven community-based organizations who support the physical and emotional health of our most vulnerable residents - including children and seniors; immigrants and those with limited English proficiency; the homeless.
- Operating needs of safety net clinics; food access providers; child and adult care organizations; housing providers for the homeless; nonprofits who minimize disruptions for those who live in public housing communities
- Secondarily, the fund will consider the hardships of our nonprofit organizations due to the lost income or revenue.
How to Give
This is a collaborative response effort and we gladly invite additional contributions from foundations, corporate partners and individual donors. To ensure the greatest flexibility in addressing the needs over time, we ask that all donations remain unrestricted within the framework of coronavirus response. No fees will be assessed by the Community Foundation. However, there are third party processing fees for online gifts.
- Recommend a grant from your fund at the Community Foundation by email or through Donor Connect
- Send a check payable to the Community Foundation at 3409 Moore Street, Richmond, VA 23230. Please note the Central Virginia COVID-19 Response Fund in the memo line.
- See our list of additional ways to give
Submit Nonprofit Needs
In order to move resources quickly, we are not hosting a formal application process for the Fund at this time. Instead, you may share your needs to let us know how your organization is affected, help us assess emergent needs in the region, and to inform our decisions going forward.