We believe that strong, skilled leaders are essential to building sustainable nonprofit organizations and a healthy, thriving community.
Emerging Nonprofit Leaders Program
The Emerging Nonprofit Leaders Program is a dynamic nine-month experience for the next generation of nonprofit leaders in the Greater Richmond region. In this engaging program, participants will have the opportunity to foster a deeper understanding of their leadership capacity, advance their understanding and practice of leading in the nonprofit sector, and strengthen their network of nonprofit colleagues. The program has demonstrated measurable results, building a cadre of over 200 talented leaders for the future of our local community for the nearly 20 years. The Community Foundation also supports the network of ENLP Alumni with programming and ongoing networking.
We are now recruiting for the 2023/2024 Cohort that begins in October!
Sign up for an upcoming information session. Register now!
About The Program
Tuition – $1,750 | Limited Scholarships Available
Key 2023 / 2024 Program Dates with required attendance.
- October 18th & 19th
- November 16th & 17th
- January 10th
- February 7th
- March 13th
- April 17th
- May 15th
- June 6th
What You Can Expect
- Monthly topic-based learning sessions. Topic examples:
- Coaching & Feedback
- Building Inclusive Organizations
- Each participant is matched with a professional coach for five, 1-hour coaching sessions
Individual Learning Tasks
- 2-3 hours of session prep a month (reading and assessments)
- Assessments: MBTI (Myers Briggs), LPI 360, Conflict Dynamics Profile
Other Program Elements
- Team building and Retreat Days
- Program Facilitators – consultants and lead organizations in the sector
- Executives in Residence – four leaders in the nonprofit sector who will speak on topics and answer questions
Applications open on June 14th and close on August 7th at 5PM.
- One applicant per organization, chosen by organization
- Currently employed, full-time, by a nonprofit in metro Richmond or Tri-Cities
- Potential to make significant future contribution as a leader in the nonprofit community
- Substantive history of involvement in the nonprofit community
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Supervisory and budgetary experience a strong plus, but not required
Online Application Requirements
- Online Application with personal statement
- Current Resume
- Online Nomination Form from ED/CEO; if you are the ED/CEO, then from your Board Chair
ENLP Alumni Network
The mission of the ENLP Alumni Network is to foster ongoing leadership development, information and knowledge sharing, and collaboration among the graduates of ENLP. The network remains committed to strengthening the sector and its leaders by providing ongoing professional development for members of the alumni group and sponsoring social and learning opportunities where alumni can gather, network, and share information and resources. Highlights of this programming include the Community of Practice and Books & More Club.
For information about how to get involved, please contact Megyn Robertson at firstname.lastname@example.org.