Your Partner in Philanthropy
Your clients rely on your guidance to make important financial decisions. When it comes to charitable giving, we can partner with you to simplify their giving and amplify their impact.
When you work with the Community Foundation, you will not only have access to a host of charitable giving options for your clients, but also a committed staff with extensive knowledge of the community and the latest trends in philanthropy. You can feel confident that your client's charitable and financial goals will be our top priority.
Take a look at the many benefits of working with the Foundation:
- Personalized service: We work with you to develop a giving approach that matches your clients' interests and addresses their tax-planning needs. We help integrate charitable giving and engage family members.
- Community knowledge: Our staff monitors community need: human services, education, the environment, healthcare, the arts and economic development. We convene people and organizations to address issues and explore opportunities.
- Investment expertise: The Community Foundation is involved in a unique investment partnership with the University of Richmond and Spider Management Company LLC, investment manager for the university's endowment. This partnership gives us access to a mature, well-diversified investment portfolio managed by a seasoned staff with an excellent performance record.
- Experience with non-cash gifts: In addition to gifts of cash and marketable securities, we accept gifts of real estate, closely held businesses and other non-cash assets. We offer trusteeship for charitable trusts where the Community Foundation is a beneficiary and we handle trust and private foundation terminations.
- Accountability: We are responsible stewards of your gift. We preserve and execute donor intent in perpetuity. We conduct a full review of all nonprofits prior to grant distributions. We maintain communication with these agencies to ensure that your wishes are fulfilled.
- Flexibility: While we focus on the needs of metropolitan Richmond and Central Virginia, we can make grants to charities outside the region.
- Convenience: You have 24/7 access to your fund information. You can submit online grant recommendations, view your fund balance and review transaction history. You can make additional contributions to your grant via credit card.
- Anonymity: We can establish a fund, accept a gift or make a grant in a way that will protect your privacy.
In a nutshell, we make your job easier. To learn more about the Community Foundation, call 804-330-7400 or email Brandon Butterworth, senior philanthropic advisor.